Eros’ stint in Milan
“How about no!?” Eros near hissed, glaring at the much taller God. “She’s my friend. Fuck you.”
Zeus’ eyebrow raised, and Eros could swear he saw his father flinch behind him. If Ares was unsettled… He stood his ground all the same, making his wings spread and stiffen slightly, aggressively.
Is it weird how I explain the cat thing?
I just can’t help but think that when Eros was like, 300, 400 or so, not long before he and Psyche split, he’d go out and do honestly random shit; whatever struck his fancy at the time. And he’d be in a bar one day, and he’d get real friendly with Isis and Bast.
And Isis and Bast would be sharing a house somewhere, because you know how Goddesses like to party and do shit like that. Eros would get to know them better over a pretty long while, and then they’d get friendly and start making bets and shit.
Not long after that, when Psyche fucked off, Eros’d go to the bar, and make another bet; a big one. And he’d win, I dunno, something awesome. And if he lost the bet, Isis and Bast would take him with them, basically as a cat.
Eros lost, obviously. But I’d say he stayed with them for around 130 years - quite happily, at that - just sprawling in the sun with Bast’s other cats.
And Eros was surprised, initially, by how much he enjoyed it. Ever a hedonist, though, he just went with it. Curled close to Bast or Isis at night and just purred, nothing sexual about it (most of the time). When he moved on, the cat stuff would stick with him.
This is my headcanon.
pretty radiant, ladies and gentleman?
Meh, it changes. At the moment I pretty much always like guys. There’s the occasional woman that makes me go ooh, but mostly I want cock at the moment.
In previous years it’s been the other way and I’ve mostly gone for women. And in other times just everyone.
*shrugs* Sexuality is fluid, y’know?
Eros unconsciously adopts quite a few catlike mannerisms.
He will never admit to this.
Things that are forefront in Eros’ mind:
Annoying Talking to Sherlock
(( IC: 2, 5, 7, 17, 26, 27, 33, 48, 49, 50 ))
2.) What does their bedroom look like?
It’s a warm room, red-painted and a little messy. With two closets- one walk-in for clothes, and another walk-in for sex toys.
7.) Favorite way to waste time and feelings surrounding wasting time?
He likes to wander. Just fly out and over various places. He doesn’t mind wasting time.
17.) Preferred mode of dress and rituals surrounding dress?
Eros is pretty open to a lot of different styles of dress, and clothes are very important to him - he goes to different clothes shows every year, and can dress quite fashionably if it’s needed of him.
He’s quite pernickety about clothes being right and looking proper though.
26.) Do they have any plans for the future? Any contingency plans if things don’t workout?
No particular plans. Though he does have various things worked out in the event of extreme injury or a need to hide.
27.) What is their biggest regret?
Pinning Apollo with the arrow that made him love Daphne. He feels guilty about that.
33.) Concept of home and family?
Eros feels anyone he’s really close to is family. It doesn’t have much to do with blood. And his idea of home is where his lover(s) are.
49.) If this person were to get into a fist fight, what is their fighting style like?
Eros is quite agile and flighty, quick to leave the ground and shoot from a distance. Though he can use a knife if necessary.
50.) Is this person afraid of dying? Why or why not?
No. It’s just not something he worries about.
5.) Cleanliness habits (personal, workspace, etc.)
In general, Eros is pretty messy, untidy, but clean. But when it comes to his clothes, everything is picture-perfect, and he spends ages making sure everything’s neat.
14.) Physical abnormalities? (Both visible and not, including injuries/disabilities, long-term illnesses, food-intolerances, etc.)
16.) Biggest and smallest long term goal?
Eros doesn’t bother with too many goals or targets. He does want to learn a martial art at some point though.
36.) What makes them feel guilty?
When sex workers get hurt and/or killed. He has a big thing about sending persecutors to jail and helping the men and women injured.
Mathematics. Numbers fascinate him.
48.) How do they express love?
The obvious - during sex. But in general, Eros is a very physical person, one who touches people’s shoulders or whatever platonically. And then there’s sex for the sake of sex.
But he makes a big effort to spend a lot of time with them, learning new things and travelling together.
The Excessively Detailed Headcanon Tumblr Meme
- Do they have any daily rituals?
- What does their bedroom look like?
- Do they exercise, and if so, what do they do? How often?
- What would they do if they needed to make dinner but the kitchen was busy?
- Cleanliness habits (personal, workspace, etc.)
- Eating habits and sample daily menu
- Favorite way to waste time and feelings surrounding wasting time
- Favorite indulgence and feelings surrounding indulging
- Neuroses? Do they recognize them as such?
- Intellectual pursuits?
- Favorite book genre?
- Sexual Orientation? And, regardless of own orientation, thoughts on sexual orientation in general?
- Physical abnormalities? (Both visible and not, including injuries/disabilities, long-term illnesses, food-intolerances, etc.)
- Biggest and smallest short term goal?
- Biggest and smallest long term goal?
- Preferred mode of dress and rituals surrounding dress
- Favorite beverage?
- What do they think about before falling asleep at night?
- Childhood illnesses? Any interesting stories behind them?
- Turn-ons? Turn-offs?
- Given a blank piece of paper, a pencil, and nothing to do, what would happen?
- How organized are they? How does this organization/disorganization manifest in their everyday life?
- Is there one subject of study that they excel at? Or do they even care about intellectual pursuits at all?
- How do they see themselves 5 years from today?
- Do they have any plans for the future? Any contingency plans if things don’t workout?
- What is their biggest regret?
- Who do they see as their best friend? Their worst enemy?
- Reaction to sudden extrapersonal disaster (eg The house is on fire! What do they do?)
- Reaction to sudden intrapersonal disaster (eg close family member suddenly dies)
- Most prized possession?
- Thoughts on material possessions in general?
- Concept of home and family?
- Thoughts on privacy? (Are they a private person, or are they prone to ‘TMI’?)
- What activities do they enjoy, but consider to be a waste of time?
- What makes them feel guilty?
- Are they more analytical or more emotional in their decision-making?
- Would they consider themselves a Type A or Type B personality?
- What recharges them when they’re feeling drained?
- Would you say that they have a superiority-complex? Inferiority-complex? Neither?
- How misanthropic are they?
- How far did they get in formal education? What are their views on formal education vs self-education?
- Superstitions or views on the occult?
- Do they express their thoughts through words or deeds?
- If they were to fall in love, who (or what) is their ideal?
- How do they express love?
- If this person were to get into a fist fight, what is their fighting style like?
- Is this person afraid of dying? Why or why not?
Roses were one of the few flowers Eros actually liked. They looked fragile, but were far from it, of course. Most flowers were dull. Roses though, roses were beautiful, and dangerous to boot.
Not to mention how closely associated they were with his old profession.
Eros actually quite liked knives. Not as they were, he didn’t like to hold a sharp knife in his hand, but in a game of trust and control… An iced butterknife, blunt, but it doesn’t feel blunt when it’s been in the freezer for two hours.
Knives were ever so useful, even if they weren’t as they seemed.
Eros emotes a lot with his wings. It’s an automatic thing, like any body language, he’s not really doing it consciously.
Like, if he’s comfortable with someone, he’ll open his wings slightly, showing the underside of his feathers as a signal of trust. If he’s not happy, or feels unsafe, he’ll tighten his wings, tucking them close to his body.
If he feels intimidated, he’ll puff his feathers a little but keep them close to his body still. A greeting, or a welcoming gesture would be spreading his wings like you’d open your arms to greet someone.
I don’t know. It all makes sense in my head.